Friday, 26 May 2017

Sweet dreams

Oooh. Ooooh.
She moans.
Body writhing.
Back arching.
A beautiful bridge.
Of flesh and ribs.
I kiss her chest. 
Admire her lips.
But as I stare.
Look upon her delicate frame.
My tears unravel.
A history of pain.
It's been so long.
She says.
Reads my mind.
Too long.
I whisper back. 
Fingers caressing.
Her eyelids.
Her nose and cheeks.
Where have you been.
I ask. Voice wavering.
A waterfall of tears.
An ocean of grief.
A small smile she gives.
A bittersweet marker.
Of the life she lives.
Having fun.
She laughs. Nonchalantly.
I watch her calmness.
Collarbone heaving.
Translucent white skin.
Her arms are reaching.
Around my body.
Pulling me towards her.
A grip so tight. I suffocate.
Never let me go.
I think.
I won't.
She says.
I close my eyes. 
Enclose her with my embrace.
Please. Please.
Let me sink into her.
Let me be with her.
Let her stay.
This one time. 



I open my eyes.
Daylight seeping through the blinds.
It hits the spot on the bed.
Where she used to be.
It is empty.
It has been empty for years.
And I can do nothing.

But stare.
In silence.
Because last night.
Was just a dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment